Friday, October 31, 2014

Week from Hell

  No comments    
Hey guys! Happy Halloween😊🎃 I hope you're all enjoying it responsibly and not wearing inappropriate face makeup that could irratate your skin!

I've left it a few days since my last post, for this I apologise. The last week has somewhat been a week from hell. I was planning to do a halloween make-up tutorial and suggest good types of face paint with no perfume in it, etc but other things kinda got in the way...

In my last post you may remember I was saying about the skin around my eyes. So the next day, I woke up and my skin was a lot worse - twice as swollen and the skin around my lips decided to flare up as well.

After this, I decided to call NHS Direct and through this I luckily managed to get an out of hours appointment as it was a Saturday and I was away from home. 

I went to see the doctor and she was useless. She blamed the flare on the different detergent that could have been used on the sheets and gave me a strong anti-histamine. I didn't stand for this at all. I have travelled to loads of places and never, ever has my skin reacted like that.  

When I got home and saw my doctor for a second opinion he didn't know why it flared up either - (so annoying). I guess as eczema sufferers we should just be used to it flaring up whenever it wants without an explanation. 

Just to make sure it wasn't due to an allergic reaction to something, I want to get another allergy test done soon. Hopefully this happens!

So after I got home on Sunday, I decided to feel very sick. Long story short, I ended up in A&E for the night. This had nothing to do with my skin - just a sick bug. This has put me out for the past week as I've still felt really ill at points.

I had a dermatology appointment on Monday afternoon. I really wanted to go to it to help sort my skin out as the anti-histamine tablets weren't working and I needed to find out what creams to use to settle it down. 

So I arrived at the hospital, after coming straight from A&E, having no sleep and a car breaking down on the way to be told my appointment had been CANCELLED!!! And no one had the decency to call me and tell me that it had been cancelled!

I spoke to the Supervisor of the booking department and she lied blatantly to me, saying they have tried to call me every day and sent a letter on Friday 'and even put a stamp on it to make sure it got to me on time'. Lies. The receptionist printed out letter to show me it was sent that morning. Great. A letter sent to me on the morning of my appointment saying it had been cancelled, only to be received at my address two days later. 

I was NOT happy and made sure I kicked up a massive storm, which worked because I was able to see someone else. Yes, it wasn't an in depth appointment but at least I got what I needed.

I've said it once and I'll say it again - never stand for people messing you about. Only you knows what is best for your skin and you should fight for it! (how cheesy) Things will never get better unless you complain about it and do something. 

Until the next time,

Naomi

XXX

0 comments:

Post a Comment