Saturday, October 25, 2014

Red and swollen eyes :(

  2 comments    
Heya guys! 

This is an update about how my skin is doing. I'm currently spending the weekend with my boyfriend, so of course my skin around my eyes has to decided to flare up. 

Before I went to sleep on Thursday night I cleansed my skin and went to sleep feeling happy about how good it was looking - clear and glowing. Then when I woke up on Friday morning, my eyes felt heavy and sore. I then looked in the mirror and saw that the skin around my eyes were incredibly red, looking as if I had used a ton of red eyeshadow, and were incredibly swollen. Two days later and still no progress. 

I called my doctor surgery, spoke to a random doctor and she told me to get hydrocortisone cream - one of the cheapest and most skin thinning creams there is. Anyway I went to the counter to get it and I was refused sale as apparently 'it's not to be used on the face'. Why prescribe me a cream that's not meant to be used on the area?! I really don't understand it.

I'm feeling so frustrated. All I wanted was to look pretty this weekend for him and instead my face is a flaking, swollen, hot mess. 

The thing that's kept me going though is I know that there'll be other weekends and my skin won't be like this for much longer (hopefully). I'm seeing my dermatologist on Monday so I'll just have to be patient in the meantime and put up with it.

The reason for it happening? I have no idea. I have been prescribed Nizoral recently for my skin and according to the internet (so definitely taking this with a pinch of salt), less than 1% of people who use it can experience eye swelling, redness, irritation and dry skin. But who knows? I'll keep you updated.

Until the next time,

Naomi 

XXX

2 comments:

  1. My derm has prescribed Protopic or Elidel for face, breasts, and other 'thin-skinned' areas, since these ointments are less strong, and less likely to cause further thinning of the skin. Thanks for your blog--i discovered it a few minutes ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Megan! Thanks for reading and sorry for the incredibly late reply haha :) Elidel is great, it moves the eczema cells around in order to clear it up and I use it to stabalise my eczema. I'm glad you seem to have a good derm, it definitely helps! :)

      Delete